To prevent users from attempting to order items from the wrong supplier you can associate products to particular suppliers. This will also automatically assign the saved cost price and Suppliers Product Reference for these products when you add them to your Purchase Order. You can do this manually in the desktop app or in bulk via CSV.
Tip: You can create a Purchase Order for your suppliers without connecting them first, however you will need to manually enter the cost price for these products each time. To learn how to do this check out the Adding Products To POs guide.
Associating suppliers and products in the desktop app:
1. Head to Products>Suppliers
2. Find the supplier you want to associate products to in the list and click on the supplier name to open the supplier pop up
3. Click on the PRODUCTS tab on the supplier pop up
4. Type the SKU or product name for the product you want to associate and click on the relevant search result
5. Enter additional data such as unit cost price, supplier reference and lead time.
In order to raise purchase orders for this product from the inventory forecast, you will need to check the MAKE DEFAULT SUPPLIER? checkbox and set a UNIT COST PRICE. We also recommend correcting the 7 day LEAD TIME preset to make the forecast more accurate
Associating suppliers and products by CSV:
To perform this task in bulk first make sure your Suppliers have been Added To Veeqo. Then follow the steps below
1. From the Products page click Export and choose your warehouse and select
- Export Supplier Prices And References
- Export All Suppliers
2. Download the CSV file from the Notification Bell.
NOTE: Whenever working with CSV files we always recommend you keep a backup. So when this file downloads open it up, save it under a new name to create a copy before editing.
When opening the file you'll see 4 columns for each supplier you have
- supplier_###_id =The unique supplier id that Veeqo uses to identify this supplier.
- supplier_###_name = The name of the supplier in Veeqo. Do not change this. If you want to edit this please do so using by following This Guide.
- supplier_###_cost = The cost price for the product in the currency of your supplier.
- supplier_###_ref = The reference your supplier uses to identify the product.
Add a cost price and reference (could be any number) in the rows for the products you want to associate with the supplier.
3. Save the file under a new name and go to Products and hit Import.
4. Choose "All" as Import Type.
When importing the products CSV file back into Veeqo, you may find that the supplier fields will show the message 'Unable to automatically match'. You will need to click 'Include as custom field'.
When you 'included as custom field' you will get confirmation.
Make sure you've done this for all suppliers you want to assign a product to.
To pre-populate these fields, when exporting your products, you will need to check the following:
- Export supplier prices and references
- Export all suppliers