There are two options to calculate tax on your orders with Amazon, as by default Amazon does not do this.
Activate Tax/Vat Services on Amazon in your Amazon account, which comes with a annual fee. You can then set tax rates per product and country and Amazon will calculate your tax per invoice.
Switch on this feature in Settings > Stores > Your Amazon store > Edit > Enable Amazon Vat Calculation Service
Veeqo will then pull down tax information per order.
You have to provide a date from when to rely on Amazon for calculating tax amounts and this should be the same date as when you enabled this service on Amazon. This date can only be set once and can not be amended afterwards.
Veeqo enables you to setup what tax each order should contain based on the shipping country/state of that order.
Amazon order being sent from UK to France
With Veeqo tax setting enabled and France set to 10%
1. Click Settings then General
2. Click Country Taxes then click +New Country Tax.
3. Select a Country and your % Tax Rate for that country.
4. Click Save, you will then be able to see your Country Tax saved.
5. You now need to apply the adjust the tax rate for Amazon. To do this please follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Stores.
- Click on your Amazon store and then click Edit.
- Tick the option When Orders Are Synced, Adjust The Tax Amount Based On The Shipping Country Of The Order? and click Save.
6. New orders received after this moment will now have these tax rules applied to them, previous or current orders will not be affected.
Add tax rates for as many countries as you want.
When adding Country Taxes for the USA you will also need to select a State