All inventory management solutions need to send and receive large amounts of data between your stores. We have made sure that Veeqo falls in line with the expected number of requests than any standard server designed to host an e-commerce site can handle.
The following are some of the information that passes between your site and Veeqo:
1. Updating product attributes - Occurs hourly. Depending on the number of products/variants the user has this can create the largest number of requests. We have to check for any changes on each variant in order for us to pull in the updated details.
2. Orders - Occurs every 10 minutes. Veeqo will check with the server to see if there's any new orders. If there are then we will pull the data into Veeqo.
3. Order Statuses - Occurs hourly. Veeqo will check to see if the order status has updated on the store. If it has then we will update the order status in Veeqo.
1. Stock Levels A - Occurs when a new order is pulled into Veeqo. Veeqo will push the latest stock figure up to all stores that the product is linked too.
2. Stock Levels B - Occurs when the user manually changes stock levels of a product, creates a purchase order, or imports a stock update via a CSV
3. Stock Level C - Occurs when the user presses the Push All Stock Levels button. This creates a large number of requests as Veeqo forces a push of stock levels for all products/variants linked to that store. This button can only be pressed once every 24 hours.
4. Order Updates - Occurs hourly. Veeqo will push the latest order status and tracking information to the stores order.
If your server is unable to cope with these requests then there are three options available:
1.Switch off the Update Products From This Store option. This will reduce the hourly number of requests dramatically. However, if the user changes the product details on their store e.g. title, sku etc then it won't update the Veeqo product.
2. Avoid pressing the Push All Stock Levels button. Stop using this button on your store to reduce the number of server requests. Veeqo will automatically sync stock changes for individual products whenever there is a change. There is no reason to use this button unless you have recently linked lots of new listings in Veeqo.
3. Upgrade your hosting plan. If you are running an eCommerce business then a cheap hosting plan will not be able to handle large website traffic and inventory management. There are plenty of alternative solutions out there designed to handle eCommerce websites.