Before attempting to create your first Purchase Order we recommend that you follow all previous steps in the Purchase Order Overview guide.
1. Select Supplier
From Products>Purchase Orders hit the + New Purchase Order button. Complete the following fields before moving on to the next section
- Date Created - By default this will show todays date. You can change this to reflect the actual date the purchase order should be created. This will be shown on the attached file which is emailed to the supplier.
- Expected Date - This is blank by default. If you know the suppliers typical delivery time you can enter in the estimated date that the items should arrive at your warehouse.
- Purchase Order Number - By default this is set to have a prefix PO- followed by numbers. This is used for you to identify the different POs.
- Reference Number - By default this is blank. If your supplier requires a specific number to be quoted when generating a PO you should enter this here.
- Select Supplier - This dropdown list will show your suppliers. If you have lots of suppliers you can use the search to find them. If you can't find your supplier make sure you have Created Suppliers first.
- Supplier Currency - This will default to the currency you have set for the Supplier. This can be changed for the current Purchase Order but when you create a new PO for this supplier it will default back. The current exchange rate will be applied if the suppliers currency is different to your Veeqo Currency. The supplier will see the Purchase Order in their currency.
2. Choose Warehouse
- Ship To Warehouse - This is the warehouse that will receive the inventory from the Purchase Order. By default the selected Warehouse Address will be used for Shipping and Billing Address.
- Ship To Different Address - If you want to amend the default Shipping/Billing Addresses for this Purchase Order make sure this checkbox is ticked. This won't change where the inventory is received but will edit the addresses uses on the Purchase Order sent to your supplier.
3. Add Products
You can now add products that you want to order from this supplier. There's 2 ways you can add products to the current Purchase Order:
Note: Bundle/Kit products can not be added to Purchase Orders. Kits are designed to be based on individual components and these should be purchased instead of completed kits.
A. Using Preset Options
Click the + icon to choose one of the presets below:
- All Products For Supplier Below Re-Order Levels - This will add all products where you have added a Re-Order Level and they are at or below this number, or if the product is out of stock. The products need to be Associated with the currently selected supplier.
- All Products For Warehouse From Supplier Below Re-Order Levels - This will add products if a product has ever had stock in the current selected warehouse, is below the Re-Order Level or out of stock, and is Associated with the currently selected supplier.
- All Products For Supplier - This will add all items regardless of Re-Order Level, stock level, warehouse.
- All Products - You can search for products using SKU, Barcode or Title.
- All Products For Supplier - This will only show results for products that have already been Associated with the currently selected supplier
4. Save & Send
The Printing Template that you assigned when Creating Your Supplier can be sent as an attachment in an email. Before hitting Save make sure you have chosen PDF from the dropdown and Email Supplier Invoice Using Template... has been selected.
Alternatively you can attach the CSV version of the PO by choosing CSV.
If you'd like to Download the PO just choose your format (PDF/CSV) before hitting Save. The file will be available in the Notification Bell once ready to download.
When you receive an email from your Supplier confirming the Purchase Order has been shipped you can mark the items as shipped by Selecting them and hitting Shipped