Note: The Veeqo Shipping API is currently in Open Beta and is only available on the Enterprise Plan or for partners developing integrations on the Veeqo Appstore. If you're interested in joining the beta please apply using This Form
If you ship some of orders with a carrier that's not currently supported in Veeqo you can build your own connection via Veeqo's Shipping API. While the Shipping API is in Beta we strongly recommend that you check out the Limitations section of this guide to ensure that this version will be suitable for your current workflow
To build the connection we recommend using an experienced developer that can also maintain the integration based on the carrier's latest API documentation. To start building, please share these Shipping API Docs with your developer.
What can you do with the Shipping API
- Fetch Rates - Based on the order information in Veeqo you can dynamically return a list of relevant service names and the fees.
- Generate Shipping Labels - Any sized shipping labels can be created and printed directly in Veeqo. These labels need to be generated via the 3rd party integration and provided to Veeqo when creating a shipment.
- Generate Customs/Trade Documentation - When creating a shipment request any useful order details that Veeqo has such as HS Codes/Commodity Codes will be available to generate either a Paper or Paperless Trade submission. This customs submission will need to be handled by the 3rd party developer and any paper documentation should be provided at the point of generating the shipping label.
While the Shipping API is in Beta there are some features that are not currently available:
- Bulk Shipping - While you are able to ship individual orders in Veeqo with Shipping API Carriers, these carriers will not show as options on the bulk shipping screen.
- Shipping Rules - The carrier or services won't be shown as an option when creating Rules. This means packers will need to select the correct service and options if multiple rates are fetched at the point of shipping an order.
- Reporting - Any shipments created using an API Carrier will not be shown on the Carrier Reports.
- Carrier Logo - A generic Shipping API logo will be used to more easily identify between carriers.
Connecting A Shipping API Carrier
The 3rd party developer will enable the new carrier in the account via the API. Once connected you will need to go to Settings>Shipping and toggle on that carrier so you can see the rates when attempting to ship and order.
Shipping API Support
Veeqo support will be able to investigate issues with orders. However, any issues related to the below will be the responsibility of the 3rd party developer:
- Returning available rates
- Shipping label generation
- Customs documentation
- Other error messages when shipping with the Shipping API Carrier
For those on the Enterprise plan please contact your account manager for a dedicated API support contact email address.
For partners developing for the Veeqo Appstore please use the Developers Forum