This guide applies to Sellers based in the UK only. For United States sellers please see this guide.
Why is this useful?
If you can't fit a customers order in a single box you may want to split the order up so that you can ship the multiple items into more than one parcel. This will allow you to print more than one label for the order.
How to perform a split shipment:
1. When shipping an individual order click Send multiple packages from the Shipping Preferences section
2. You'll now be able to add up to 10 additional packages for this order. You can choose from one of your existing package presets or enter specific dimensions/weights for each package. When you've added all the packages hit Update Packages to get the shipping rates.
If the service you are using doesn't support the option above, you will need to split your items into separate allocations. Follow the steps below:
1. Click into an order and then click Actions
2. Click Remove Inventory. All allocations for the order will be removed and the order will move into the WAITING FOR STOCK status.
3. Click Allocate
4. Add the number of products you want to ship in the first shipment only and then click ADD INVENTORY TO ORDER. This will create your first allocation that you can ship on its own with its own label.
5. Uncheck the option "add inventory to existing allocations", which is highlighted in red below. The default option assumes retailers ship their orders in one parcel.
6. Ship the parcel
7. You can then repeat the same process for the number of parcels you need until no items are left.