2019-07-02 Update: We now support both UK to UK, and UK to International shipments, the following guide has been updated to reflect that but the overall integration process remain the same.
Why is this useful?
- If you currently have an existing FedEx account that you'd like to connect to Veeqo follow the steps below
- This integration will allow you to mark your orders as shipped and push up the order information to your FedEx account
- You'll be able to print FedEx labels directly from Veeqo - saving you time from creating manual shipments on the FedEx site
2. Once logged in open up the section FEDEX WEB SERVICES and choose DEVELOP AND TEST
3. Scroll down and click on the GET YOUR TEST KEY button
Then complete the form using the same details as your FedEx account. At the bottom under the SELECT YOUR REQUESTED TEST KEY make sure you have selected US AND GLOBAL in the COUNTRY dropdown
4. You'll then d be provided with the details required to connect your Veeqo account with the Fedex test account. They will then send PASSWORD to you in an email.
5. In Veeqo go to Settings > Shipping
6. Click on the FedEx logo
7. Complete the fields by entering in the details provided in 4. Make sure you have set MODE to DEVELOPMENT. When all the fields are complete hit ConnectPLEASE NOTE PASSWORD NEEDS TO BE DEVELOPMENT PASSWORD EMAILED TO YOU BY FEDEX AND NOT THE PASSWORD YOU USE TO LOGIN TO FEDEX ONLINE
8. Now it's time to print your test labels to send to FedEx for approval. Head to the Orders page and create an order to test. The destination of the shipment should be a valid international address. Once the order is created click onto it from the Orders page to bring up the ORDER SUMMARY tab, then click Ship
9. Select the FedEx service you want and then click Ship. Don't worry about the prices - you won't be charged for this as you are currently connected to the test FEDEX account.
10. A FedEx label will be generated ready for you to print and the order will be marked as Shipped. Now print out the label using your label printer.
11. Call up FEDEX on +443456000068 (Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 18:00 and Saturday from 8:00 to 12:00.) or +1.877.339.2774 (Monday–Friday 7 am–9 pm, Saturday 9 am–3 pm (CST) and ask to speak to the Web Integration Solutions Consultation (WISC) Team. When you talk to the WISC representative, you will need to request a WIS LABEL COVER SHEET so that you can obtain a FedEx API number. You may need to provide them with your account details, so make sure you have them handy.
You will then be sent an email with the WIS LABEL COVER SHEET. Follow the instructions and attach the test label you created to the relevant section. You may need to print out another label from Veeqo to complete this sheet. Once completed, send this back to the appropriate email address for FedEx to get approved.
After approval has been granted, your account number will then be provided access to PRODUCTION. This means that you will be able to connect your account to FedEx via Veeqo.
12. Get your development credentials by going to FedEx Developer Site. You may need to log back in again (see step 1). Once logged in open up the FedEx WEB SERVICES tab and choose MOVE TO PRODUCTION
13. Click on the GET PRODUCTION KEY button
14. Complete the form by choosing NO in DO YOU INTEND TO RESELL YOUR SOFTWARE, Tick the box for FedEx WEB SERVICES FOR SHIPPING (INCLUDES RATE, TRACK, ETC.), and select CORPORATE DEVELOPER for the section PLEASE INDICATE WHETHER YOU ARE DEVELOPING YOUR FEDEX INTEGRATION SOLUTION AS A CORPORATE DEVELOPER OR AS A CONSULTANT. Then hit CONTINUE.
15. Agree to the FedEx Terms and Conditions by pressing Accept
16. Complete the form using the same details registered to your FedEx account. Once all required fields have been completed hit Continue
TIP: If you don't know your FedEx Account Number you can find this if you log in to Fedex.com. Once logged in select Manage > Update my profile
Click on Account Manager, and you should see the Account Number
17. Tick the option if you wish to update your FedEx account with the information you entered on the previous form, then hit Continue
18. You'll then be provided with an AUTHENTICATION KEY and METER NUMBER, make a note of these. An email will also be sent to the address connected to your FedEx account. This will contain the password you need to hook up your account with Veeqo.
19. In Veeqo go to Settings > Shipping
20. Click on the FedEx logo to bring up the account.
Paste the AUTHENTICATION KEY in the KEY field, use the password you were sent in the email in the PASSWORD field. Complete all the other fields with your own FedEx account details. Then make sure MODE is set to PRODUCTION, then when all the fields are complete, and you have chosen your default currency hit Connect
21. You are now ready to ship orders using FedEx. Head to the Orders page and click an order to open the ORDER SUMMARY tab. Then click the Ship button. You should see quotes from FedEx on the right-hand side. If you aren't receiving quotes, check out this guide. To select a quote press the bullet point next to the preferred service and then press Ship