What is Product Review and Merge?
Duplicate products are sometimes created when a product has multiple listings. When a product is duplicated, stock levels become inaccurate. So, finding and merging duplicates is the best way to make sure your stores are all connected and your stock is correct.
This help guide will go through:
Scenarios where items cannot be merged
Firstly, it is important to know there are some scenarios where catalogue items cannot be merged. Your products cannot be merged if:
An item is a virtual bundle or kit
An item is included in the contents of a virtual bundle or kit
An item has pending returns
An item is in an active digital picking batch
An item is being transferred between warehouses
Finding your products which need review
In order to easily find all products that need reviewing, you can filter for products which do/do not need review on the inventory page
Merge duplicate products
In order to merge duplicate products in Veeqo you can do the following:
1. Tick the check box on the left-hand side of the product you would like to merge
2. Click actions> Review
3. Click the arrow next to “add more variants to the selection basket”
4. Veeqo will suggest products to merge or, alternatively you can search for the products to merge.
5. You can add items to merge by clicking the plus icon next to the product
6. You can then select the product attributes you want to keep, by clicking the 'Use these' button next to your chosen product.
7. Once all duplicate products are placed in your basket, select “Ready to merge”.
8. At this point, you will be taken to a review page before completing the merge. If this is all correct click “merge variants”
Remove review flags
If you know your product is only sold in one store, you can remove the review flag:
1. Click the box on the left side of the review flag
2. Click actions
3. Click Review
4. Click Mark as reviewed
5. This will take you to a review page showing all products you have reviewed.
6. If this is all correct click “done”
Only mark your product as reviewed if you are sure that it is not a duplicate.
Unmerge a product
If you have incorrectly merged a product, follow these steps to un-merge it:
1. Go to the inventory screen.
2. Find the product you wish to un-merge. Search the product name or SKU code in the search bar
3. Select the product and select the Listings tab
4. Find the variant you wish to un-merge and select it
5. Click the Action button and select un-merge and create new product
Once you have done this a new product will be added to your product catalogue. The original product attributes will be used and the stock will be unlinked.