Creating a new or converting a retail customer into a wholesale customer gives you the ability to do the following:
- Add multiple contacts to that user
- Unlimited addresses and ability to set default billing and shipping
- Set a default discount % to apply to their orders
- Select a wholesale price list so when creating orders it will use those set prices
- Set standard payment terms such as "Net 30 days"
- Default currency & delivery method
- Minimum order value, below which an order can not be created
To create a new B2B customer
- Go to Setting
- Click on Customers
- Click + New Customer
- Change customer type to be "Wholesale"
- Fill in your wholesale customer's details
Note: When creating a Wholesale customer, ensure that ALL contact information, aswell as address and billing information is entered.
- Account Number[Optional]: Set account number for that customer.
- Customer Notes[Optional]: This will be visible to your team when creating an order for this customer.
- Price List[Optional]: The default prices to use for this customer. Learn how to create new price lists.
- Payment Terms[Optional]: How many days until your customer must pay you. When used orders for this customer will go into "Ready to Ship" without a payment.
- Minimum order value[Optional]: You will not be able to create an order for this customer if the order total is less than this amount.
- Default Discount %[Optional]: This % is applied as a discount to order total when creating an order for this customer.
Converting an existing customer to a Wholesale customer
- Find the customer first by going to Settings
- Click on Customer
- Use the Search customers box
- or click into the customer and click the edit icon in the top right-hand corner
- Click the "Retail type" dropdown and select Wholesale.
- The next screen lets you add wholesale detail but looks a little blank, don’t worry the customer information is still saved.