How does the Shopify integration work?
- New orders will be download from Shopify in to Veeqo near real time
- When you ship an order in Veeqo, Shopify is updated with the details. This includes the fulfillment status, any tracking numbers along with an email confirmation sent to your customer
*For more information on this, please see How Orders Are Synced section.
- Every 30 minutes Veeqo checks for new products in Shopify, and these will be pulled into Veeqo
- Veeqo will check for any newly shipped orders on Shopify and will update orders in Veeqo accordingly
- When stock levels change for a product in Veeqo, the changes will be pushed to Shopify immediately
- Once your store is successfully connected, Veeqo will start pulling your products, stock levels and orders. The first pull, can take between a few minutes to a couple of hours depending on how many products/orders you have.
Note: If you Refund an order in Shopify, Veeqo will not pull the refunded order or status in.
Setting Up Your Shopify Store:
- Go to Settings and click on Stores
- Click + NEW STORE
- Select Type as Shopify:
- Now you can start to add the details of your Shopify store
- Name: Give your store a name to be used in Veeqo. e.g. 'Shopify UK'
- Short Name: You can abbreviate the name of your store (two characters long) If you have multiple Shopify stores, this is very useful in order for you to identify which orders belongs to which Shopify store.
- Shopify URL: PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE DOMAIN NAME. For example, our domain would be www.veeqo.com but our Shopify URL would be veeqo.myshopify.com
- Default Warehouse: Select which warehouse you want to use for this particular store. You may have multiple warehouses and select a specific one for this particular store e.g. You might have a warehouse in London for shipping your Shopify UK Orders and one in New York for shipping your Shopify US orders.
- Currency: Select the currency which you are selling in on this store. e.g. For Shopify UK you may be selling in British Pound whereas Shopify US may be US Dollar. Veeqo will convert any orders from these stores into the set base currency of your Veeqo account.
- Store Shipping Email: This will be the email address used, for when Shipping Confirmation email's are sent to your customers upon dispatch.
Shopify store settings:
Scroll down to the section How Listings Are Synced and choose your options. When the setting is switched on the button toggle button will appear blue and when off will show as white. All the options in Steps 4 - 8 can be toggled at any point after the store has been created, however settings for linking should be chosen prior to activating the store. Below is a list of each option and what they do:
TIP: To avoid creating duplicate products in Veeqo we recommend keeping this switched off for your additional stores you add unless you're certain all product listings on the additional store are unique.
Scroll down a bit further to the section How Products Are Synced and choose the settings for your company:
Scroll down further to the How Stock is Synced section:
Scroll down further to the How Orders Are Synced section:
In the section ADVANCED: How Stock Quantity Should Be Synced, you can create stock pushing rule to change the amount of stock pushed from Veeqo to this Shopify store.
Note: Any rule that is set, will be applied to All products on this store. For more information on each rule you can use check out the guide How To Filter Inventory Levels Sent To Your Store
In section 6, you can also select your Ranking Warehouse:
Note: When orders are created for this store, Veeqo will allocate stock from your Default warehouses first and then will fall back on the order they are ranked by here.
- Default Warehouse = Warehouse 1 - London Warehouse
- Warehouse 2 - New York Warehouse
Any orders for this Shopify store will allocate inventory from Warehouse 1 - London Warehouse for all it's orders. If there's no stock left in this Warehouse, Veeqo will then try to find stock in Warehouse 2 - New York Warehouse.
To push stock levels to Shopify, Veeqo uses the inventory total of all warehouses.
Note: If you add a new warehouse into the ranking warehouse section, you will need to PUSH ALL STOCK LEVELS, so that the stock levels from the newly assigned warehouse can be pushed to your store.
- Once you have finished applying your settings click Save and you will be redirected to Shopify to enter your username and password to approve access to Veeqo.
Then your Shopify store will be created in Veeqo. Hooray!